Lofi is back with the long awaited second installment of the music podcast! In this episode, we’re spinning tracks we selected last March, just after SXSW 2011. You’ll hear two cover songs from SEVEN SWANS REIMAGINED, a song-by song recreation compilation of Sufjan Stevens’ 2004 album SEVEN SWANS. We’ll also be playing cuts by new singer-songwriters hailing from California and Austin, Texas.
LFMBP Episode 2 (10/17/11) Playlist:
1. Unlucky Skin by Shakey Graves (from album ROLL THE BONES)
2. Borderline by Inlets (from album SEVEN SWANS REIMAGINED)
3. My Heart Goes Bum Bum Bum by Flatsound (from album I CLUNG TO YOU…)
4. Nothin To Lose by Jeremiah Nelson (from album DRUGS TO MAKE YOU SOBER)
5. The Dress Looks Nice On You by The Gregory Brothers (from album SEVEN SWANS REIMAGINED)
In this lo-fi episode we’ll start off with tracks from two indie music duos, one hailing from Brooklyn and the other from Boston. After a brief ambient music intermission, we’ll check in with some other Brooklyn Friends who are getting ready to release their first single before wrapping up with a bonus experimental music track from Finland. Bon appetite!
LFMBP Episode 1 (03/15/11) Playlist:
1. Make You Mine by Indian Rebound (from album INDIAN REBOUND EP)
2. Monster by Magic Man (from album REAL LIFE COLOR)
3. Space Colours by Autotwitch (from album REAL LIFE YEAR)
4. Friends Crush by Friends (single available MARCH 21)